Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. It is an honor being Ady's Mommy. It is my greatest joy. I am thrilled to be raising such an amazing little person.

We started the day early (Ady was up about 2 hours earlier than usual, very excited for my day!) with breakfast in bed. Ady showered me with rose petals (literally) while I ate. After breakfast we drove to Frederick to see the play Flat Stanley. From the play we went to Rose Hill Manor (which was the home of the first governor of Maryland) and had fun exploring the beautiful home and land. We wandered along the canal in downtown Frederick and had tapas at Isabella's for dinner. It was a fun day and we were all tired by the end of it!

Ady with the cast of Flat Stanley

Having a tea party at Rose Hill Manor

Learning about life at Rose Hill Manor

Ady took it upon herself to clean the log cabin. 
She couldn't believe it when the tour guide explained that
 having a wood floor was a luxury back then. 

Walking the canal in Frederick

The canal in Frederick

No comments:

Post a Comment