Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Second Grade! What? When Did That Happen?

Today is Ady's first day of second grade. I spent yesterday feeling sad. How can Ady be starting second grade? When did that happen? When Ady was born many people told me that the time would fly by. I didn't believe them. I thought...we have her whole life ahead of us, why would I feel rushed? But, now that she is seven (Her birthday was just a few days ago and her party with her friends is this weekend. I'll post about that later.) and she is starting second grade, I feel like the time flew by.

Today I am feeling excited for her. She is starting a new grade and I get to share that with her! She is thrilled to be doing school work again and I am thrilled to be teaching her. The summer flew by and we are saying hello to fall. We are doing it together and that does help. Second grade is going to be full of wonderful experiences and challenges. She is learning french this year! And continuing multiplication and division, starting cursive, and reading a grade level ahead. She says her favorite subjects are math and science. I will keep you posted on how things go, but we are off to a great start!




No comments:

Post a Comment